DO288: Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications
Starting FromRM 2805.0021 Hours
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
In this course, you will learn how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications on an OpenShift cluster. Whether writing container-native applications or migrating existing applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
· Deploy applications from container images, Dockerfiles, and source code to an OpenShift cluster.
· Manage applications using the OpenShift web console and the OpenShift CLI.
· Inject configuration data and secrets into an application.
· Publish application container images to an external registry.
· Manage application builds and build hooks.
· Create application from templates.
· Manage application deployments.
· Monitor application health using probes.
· Migrate applications to containers and microservices
· Software developers interested in adopting containers as a preferred method for deploying applications
Software architects interested in adopting containers as a preferred
method for deploying applications
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
· Have completed the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
· Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to containerize software applications and deploy them to a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster. These skills allow you to take advantage of a platform and architecture that fosters DevOps principles in your organization. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform provides a self-provisioning environment for developers to deploy their applications using DevOps patterns such as continuous integration and deployment. Many language and database runtimes, containerized Red Hat Middleware, and more are provided to reduce the need for custom containerization by the developer, thereby reducing time to market.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to containerize applications for deployment on the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
· Deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster and manage them with the command line client and the web console.
· Design and build containers for applications for successful deployment to an OpenShift cluster.
· Publish container images to an enterprise registry.
· Build containerized applications using the Source-to-Image facility.
· Create applications using OpenShift templates.
· Extract a service from a monolithic application and deploy it to the cluster as a microservice.
· Migrate applications to run on an OpenShift cluster.
Build container images with advanced Dockerfile directives.
Create an enterprise registry and allow
access to the OpenShift registry.
Describe the OpenShift build process and implement post-commit build hooks.
Customize an existing S2I base image.
Describe the elements of an OpenShift
template and create a multi-container template.
Monitor application health and select the appropriate deployment strategy.
Integrate external services and migrate applications deployed on Red Hat JBoss Middleware.
Kelvin Lai Kok FoongTechnical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce.