DO285: Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I
Public ClassStarting FromRM 7500.00
On DemandStarting FromRM 4675.00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
Private ClassAll of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
90 days of access from date of activation
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Course DetailsExpand All
This course helps you build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. OpenShift Container Platform is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift Container Platform provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure as code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD). Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO285) is a hands-on, lab-based course that teaches system administrators how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters.
· Container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture
· Creating containerized services
· Managing containers and container images
· Creating custom container images
· Deploying multi-container applications
· Installing an OpenShift cluster
· Configuring and managing masters and nodes
· Securing OpenShift Container Platform
· Controlling access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform
· Monitoring and collecting metrics on OpenShift Container Platform
· Deploying applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I) Managing storage on OpenShift Container Platform
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- System administrators
- System architects
- Architects and developers who want to install and configure OpenShift Container Platform
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
· Ability to use a Linux® terminal session and issue operating system commands
· RHCSA® certification or equivalent knowledge
· Experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to expose you to container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift. You are taught how to containerize software applications and services. Moving applications and services from traditional deployment platforms to container deployments make the applications deployable on a single clustered cloud architecture instead of many disparate sets of hardware configurations. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. It also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to install, configure, and manage a Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform cluster and deploy applications on it.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install OpenShift Container Platform to create a simple cluster.
- Configure and manage OpenShift Container Platform masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift Container Platform with a simple internal authentication mechanism.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I).
- Configure and manage
OpenShift Container Platform pods, services, routes, secrets, and other
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by OpenShift Container Platform
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.
Kelvin Lai Kok FoongTechnical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce.
Reviews0based on 0 ratings reviews