DASA DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale
DevOps is the future of IT today! This 2-day course builds upon the DevOps fundamentals. The key focus of DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is on the four skill areas that have been defined by DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) and are required for successful DevOps results. The course helps you know why the four skills: courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement, are the necessary skills for a DevOps environment.
DevOps Professional: Enable and Scale is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions and role plays, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT Service Management, and individuals whose role are affected by DevOps and
continuous delivery, such as:
• DevOps Engineers
• Product Owners
• Integration Specialists
• Operations Managers
• Incident and Change Managers
• System Administrators
• Network Administrators
• Business Managers
• Automation Architects
• Enterprise Architects
• Required: DASA DevOps Fundamentals certificate
• Beneficial: Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
• Explain why courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
• Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
• Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
• Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
• Describe how to form good DevOps teams and assess their maturity.
• List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
• Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
• Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
• Explain how and why leaders promote a “Safe to fail” environment.
• Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
• Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
• Design Teams
• Build Culture
• Create Purpose
• Be a Servant Leader
• Focus on Success
• Build Courage
• Think Different
• Different Aspects of Value
• Stakeholder Management
• Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
• The Power of Story Mapping
• Build Flow
• Types of Continuous Improvement
• Continuous Improvement Tools
Kaustuv DeKaustuv has had 10 years of experience in Information Communication Technology (ICT) industry especially in Retail, logistics and IT Service Management in Asia and Europe. He has an analytical, professional skill with strong result oriented work ethic. He places emphasis on strategic planning and decision-making. Kaustuv is experienced in large system development work. This includes managing complex integrated logistics and manufacturing implementation projects. He is able to negotiate and balance competing business issues and anticipate strategic project requirements such as migration, development and risks. He is also a skilled communicator.Kaustuv is an accredited trainer with the APM Group & EXIN. He has successfully trained and coached more than 2000 IT professionals within Asia Pacific and the Middle East, including India, Malaysia, Dubai and Singapore.
To Be Confirm
Kui Tze LinExperienced consulting in the IT industry focusing on supporting the operations of supply chain planning and optimizing solutions. Started career in IT as a technical/application support consultant. In less than 2 years, he was promoted as the Team Lead to set up and run 24/7 support operations before taking up the role as an Account Manager in 2017.As a grew up in a family of educators are potential life changers and able to facilitate someone to be successful in life. Since his high school and college days, he enjoyed imparting his knowledge to his peers who needed help by organizing group study sessions. Once he finished his A-level examinations, he was teaching in a primary school for half a year before he started university. After he graduated, he continues to deliver customized 1-on-1 tutoring high school pupils during weekends simply because he loves teaching and helping other.