Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
2 Day with 08 hours per day
Thu 01 Sep 09:00 - Fri 02 Sep 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
DASA DevOps Product Owner
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In a DevOps environment, the Product Owner is a critical leadership role and responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a product from concept to grave. The DASA DevOps Product Owner program expands on traditional agile product owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that a product owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities.
The DASA DevOps Product Owner certification is primarily aimed at: existing product owners without certification, business and project managers, business information managers, operations managers and enterprise architects.
There are no prerequisites for this program. We recommend that participants should have completed DASA DevOps Fundamentals prior to joining the course but this is not a requirement. Familiarity with the basics of Agile, Scrum and DevOps is beneficial.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• When you have acquired the required knowledge from this certification program, you will be able to
• Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum
• Understand the Scrum framework, including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done
• Understand the role of product owner
• Discuss the role and characteristics of a DevOps team
• Explain the main competencies of a product owner
• Describe what a product owner does in practice
• Explain a product owner’s work
• Discuss the importance of delivering value
• Identify product vision techniques
• Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value
• Outline various agile estimation techniques used by product owners
• Explain the role of product owner in managing product backlogs
• Discuss a few challenging situations faced by product owners
• Product Owner
• Value of the Product
• Envisioning the Product
• Decomposing the Vision
• Engaging Stakeholders
• Influencing Stakeholders
• Estimating Work
• Monitoring Progress
• Scaling Delivery
• Challenging situations for a Product Owner
Michiel Roelof De Boer
Michiel holds the highest ITIL credential – the ITIL Service Manager (Masters) certification. He is also a certified ITIL Service Manager who teaches Foundation, Practitioners and Service Management. He gained his experience in various local and international companies worldwide where he had executed roles as Manager, Consultant, Project Manager and Instructor as well as having experience in the finance, automation, industry, airlines, logistics, medical and telecommunication sectors. He is experienced in translating business objectives into manageable deliverables, initiating quick wins and creates an environment for continuous improvement. With a management style which is based on coaching and team play, he can effectively communicate with the members of the board as well as employees at various levels of an operation and in many different cultures. Read More