Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Competency And Talent Management
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Competency and talent management, as of succession planning and leadership development ought to be two sides of the same coin. So why do many organizations manage them as if they had nothing to do with each other? This training program provides you with the tools for competency modeling towards effective talent and performance management, plus strategic succession planning and leadership development within your organization.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
• Describe the relationship between competency and talent management, with performance management and succession planning,
• Acquire the know-how to identify competencies and develop departmental and/ or organizational competency framework,
• Produce a strategic model to manage and lead talent development
• Apply competency modeling as a tool for potential and performance assessment
• Value the necessity of competency-based human resource management towards effective talent management and organizational performance
• Link business strategy to talent requirements
• Develop job description and specification
• Establish technical and functional competency
• Develop and/ or deploy talents
• Gain top management buy-in
• Clarify current and future job requirements
• Appraise current performance and assess potential
• Produce and lead individual development plan
• Distinguish potential and performance assessment
• Foster potential assessment and adopt behavioral indicators towards tactical recruitment and selection of talent
• Deploy the Balanced Scorecard to assess performance of talents
Roy Tan Yew Hoong
Roy Tan started off as a Software Engineer and slowly ventured into the Oil & Gas Sector as a Transport Manager under a SHELL haulage contractor. He finally found himself as a Sales Manager in an IT company. Due to his keen drive to network and build business relationships, he started his own IT agency in 2007 with a vision to solve clients' problems through simplicity.A wakeup call come knocking in 2009 when having realized his strengths in public speaking, Roy shifted his focus to developing his skills in the area of corporate training. His passion for creating a positive impact on people's lives has helped him in his commitment and dedication of delivering the right message to his participants. He aspires to empower others to take charge of their success - both in life and at work.Throughout his journey in organizational behavioral development, he mainly works with leaders to cultivate a coaching mindset where they focus on inspiring the workforce to be highly motivated – hence unleashing potential. His “meta" approach helps leaders move deep into “meaning" of things rather than performance / superficial based. By changing meaning, behavioral change is then more sustainable.Since exploring into coaching in 2011, Roy also conducts 1-to-1 executive coaching conversations with various levels of employees and individuals – ranging from Managers to C-suites. To help strengthen effectiveness, he discovered a new tool called Motivation Factor that helps measure and develop motivation for individuals and teams.To date, Roy has spoken to over 500 organizations of various sizes and industries, and to over 10,000 people from various backgrounds. Roy Y.H. Tan is well sought after by organizations of different industries to facilitate leadership and coaching culture initiatives, especially in terms of redefining leadership mindset to be people focused. As a certified graduated of Meta-Coaching, he is also well known for his capability to facilitate the adaptation of coaching skills as a way to create a transparent and trusting relationship in teams without harming relationships. Besides that, Roy is always invited by his loyal clients to facilitate leadership development and instill inspiring leadership behaviors. Some of his success stories are: • Transforming senior leaders to empower their people more rather than disempowering them by micromanaging• Cultivating a “people-potential" mindset in rising leaders that can adapt to change quickly and effectively• Enforcing managing expectations in the workplace to create a harmonious environment where people are comfortable in making mistakes and learning together Read More