Starting FromRM 3500.005 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-004.
To ensure your success in your course you should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is also recommended that you have the CompTIA A+ certification or the equivalent training and experience.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform the duties of a server administrator.
In this course, you will:
• Manage server hardware.
• Install server hardware and operating systems.
• Configure networking hardware and protocols.
• Create a virtual server environment.
• Perform basic server configuration tasks.
• Administer servers.
• Implement server storage solutions.
• Secure the server.
• Plan and test disaster recovery.
• Troubleshoot server issues.
• Server Components
• Prepare an Installation Plan
• Prepare the Server Hardware
• Set Up the Server Hardware
• Install an Operating System
• Manage Network Cabling
• Configure Network Interface Cards
• Implement IP Addressing and Network Infrastructure Services
• Create Virtual Servers
• Create Virtual Switches
• Configure Local Server Properties
• Configure Server Roles
• Set Up IP Addressing Service Roles
• Update the Server
• Server Administration Access and Control Methods
• Create Service Level Agreements
• Monitor Server Performance
• Perform Capacity Planning
• Deploy Primary Storage Devices
• Storage Technologies
• Configure RAID
• Configure Firewalls
• Configure Security Protocols
• Implement Intrusion Detection Systems
• Implement Logical Access Control Methods
• Implement Data Security Methods
• Apply Server Hardening Techniques
• Implement Physical Security
• Create Virtual Networks
• Implement Environmental Controls
• Manage Documentation for the Server and the Network
• Create A Disaster Recovery Plan
• Perform Backup and Restoration
• Troubleshoot Theory and Methods
• Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
• Troubleshoot Software Issues
• Troubleshoot Networking Issues
• Troubleshoot Storage Issues
• Troubleshoot Security Issues
Ong Kian BoonHave been working in the IT industry since 2004 and exposed to all the common challenges faced by IT and security professionals. With years of experience working with business and management, IT service delivery and end users, he understands the importance of business value, infrastructure efficiency, user productivity as well as the protection of all these assets.Having started training with Info Trek in 2009, he has been sharing his passion and experiences in Microsoft infrastructure servers, Cisco routing and switching, as well as Novell SuSE Linux. He also specialises in security implementations and audit as no implementation can survive without it.
Cisco Certified Trainer