Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
5 Day with 08 hours per day
Mon 03 Oct 09:00 - Fri 07 Oct 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Official CompTIA Server+ Instructor and Student Guides (SK0-005) have been developed by CompTIA for the CompTIA certification candidate. Rigorously evaluated to validate coverage of the CompTIA Server+ (SK0-005) exam objectives, The Official CompTIA Server+ Instructor and Student Guides teach the knowledge and skills required to install, configure, and manage server hardware and server operating systems; implement proper server hardening and security controls; successfully troubleshoot common server problems; demonstrate an understanding of key disaster recovery, high-availability, and backup concepts; and prepare candidates to take the CompTIA Server+ certification exam.
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-005.
To ensure your success in your course you should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is also recommended that you have the CompTIA A+ certification or the equivalent training and experience.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions, and practical exercise.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform the duties of a server administrator.
In this course, you will:
• Manage server hardware.
• Install server hardware and operating systems.
• Configure networking hardware and protocols.
• Create a virtual server environment.
• Perform basic server configuration tasks.
• Administer servers.
• Implement server storage solutions.
• Secure the server.
• Plan and test disaster recovery.
• Troubleshoot server issues.
• Module 1: Understanding Server Administration Concepts
• Module 2: Understanding Virtualization and Cloud Computing
• Module 3: Understanding Physical and Network Security Concepts
• Module 4: Managing Physical Assets
• Module 5: Managing Server Hardware
• Module 6: Configuring Storage Management
• Module 7: Installing and Configuring an Operating System
• Module 8: Troubleshooting OS, Application, and Network Configurations
• Module 9: Managing Post-Installation Administrative Tasks
• Module 10: Managing Data Security
• Module 11: Managing Service and Data Availability
• Module 12: Decommissioning Servers
• Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Server+ (Exam SK0-005)
• Solutions (Student Guide only, solutions are included “in line” in the Instructor Guide)
Ravendran s/o Subramaniam
Ravendran Subramaniam has been involved in Cisco Network since 2002, doing setup Cisco router and switch network setup for companies. He freelances for various training centers such as Info Trek, Slanix Computer Base, Redynamics, Global Knowledge and many others. Read More
K L Ramasankara Rao
A highly competent and experienced systems and security implementation specialist and instructor with experience of system and security administration. Possessing a proven ability to impart the necessary knowledge and skills to IT professionals necessary for them to manage the day-to-day running of an IT department and its business IT systems. Extensive knowledge of monitoring and controlling data security within guidelines to ensure compliance and report on possible improvements. Well mannered, articulate and able to act as point of contact for colleagues and external clients. As a CCIE in Data Center, managing of data center networks are through software defined networks (SD-WAN) and through Implementing Cisco Network Programmability. Read More