CTAL-TA: ISTQB Certified Tester: Advanced Level (Test Analyst)
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
The Advanced Level qualification is aimed at people who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
It is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
To receive Advanced Level certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate and satisfy the Exam Board that they have sufficient practical experience to be considered Advanced Level qualified.
The ISTQB CTAL comprises 3 types of certifications – CTAL Test Manager (CTAL-TM), CTAL Test Analyst (CTAL TA) and CTAL Technical Test Analyst (CTAL TTA). These certifications are independent but complementary to each other.
Duration for the CTAL courses varies – 5 days for CTAL-TM, 4 days for CTAL TA and 3 days for CTAL TTA.
These courses are designed to help participants prepare for the CTAL examinations. It also assists software professionals to:
- Increase value in the global industry and organization
- Add value to own credentials & career path
- Apply consistent and good testing practice within all software engineering disciplines
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the particular software development lifecycle being used
- Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in the work products
- Design and implement a defect classification scheme
- Apply tools to support an efficient testing process