Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Already purchased this offering? Log in
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This three day, instructor-led IT Governance Foundation Course provides an overview the main concepts of IT Governance according to COBIT 5, ISACA's latest governance framework and how they can be applied. COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
This course and the COBIT 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT 5 training including the COBIT 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
This course is specially design for Business Management, IT / IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners, Consultants, IT/IS Management looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT and looking to be certified as a COBIT Implementer or Assessor.
This course prepares candidates for the exam leading to the COBIT 5 Foundation Certificate. The optional exam is a closed book, multiples choice exam, existing of 50 questions. The pass mark is 50% or at least 25 correct answers.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT 5 Foundation certificate is to to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement.
- The Reasons for the Development of COBIT 5
- The History of COBIT
- The Drivers for developing a Framework
- The Benefits of using COBIT 5
- The COBIT 5 Format & product Architecture
- COBIT 5 and Other Frameworks
- Topic 1: Enabler Focus
- Topic 2: Control Objectives to Management Practices
- Topic 3: From COBIT®4.1 Management Guidelines to COBIT®5: Enabling Processes Guidelines
- Enabler 1 – Principles, Policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 – Processes
- Enabler 3 – Organisational Structures
- Enabler 4 – Culture, Ethics, and Behaviour
- Enabler 5 – Information
- Enabler 6 – Services, Infrastructure and Applications
- Enabler 7 – People, Skills and Competencies
- Walk Through on using Goals cascade to scope Processes
- The Life cycle Approach
- Inter related components of the life cycle
- Understanding the enterprise internal and external factors
- Key success factors for implementation
- The seven phases of the Life Cycle model explained
- The seven Change Enablement characteristics used in the life cycle.
- Change Enablement relationships to the Continual Improvement Life Cycle
- Making the Business case
- The differences between COBIT 4.1 and COBIT 5
- What is a process assessment
- What is the COBIT Assessment Programme
- The differences between a capability and maturity assessment
- Differences to the COBIT 4.1 CMM
- Overview of the COBIT Capability Model & Assessments
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement Framework
- Introduction to the Assessor Training Steps
- Topic 1: preparation for the exam
- Topic 2: taking the exam
Kaustuv has had 10 years of experience in Information Communication Technology (ICT) industry especially in Retail, logistics and IT Service Management in Asia and Europe. He has an analytical, professional skill with strong result oriented work ethic. He places emphasis on strategic planning and decision-making. Kaustuv is experienced in large system development work. This includes managing complex integrated logistics and manufacturing implementation projects. He is able to negotiate and balance competing business issues and anticipate strategic project requirements such as migration, development and risks. He is also a skilled communicator.Kaustuv is an accredited trainer with the APM Group & EXIN. He has successfully trained and coached more than 2000 IT professionals within Asia Pacific and the Middle East, including India, Malaysia, Dubai and Singapore.
Kui Tze Lin
Experienced consulting in the IT industry focusing on supporting the operations of supply chain planning and optimizing solutions. Started career in IT as a technical/application support consultant. In less than 2 years, he was promoted as the Team Lead to set up and run 24/7 support operations before taking up the role as an Account Manager in 2017.As a grew up in a family of educators are potential life changers and able to facilitate someone to be successful in life. Since his high school and college days, he enjoyed imparting his knowledge to his peers who needed help by organizing group study sessions. Once he finished his A-level examinations, he was teaching in a primary school for half a year before he started university. After he graduated, he continues to deliver customized 1-on-1 tutoring high school pupils during weekends simply because he loves teaching and helping other. Read More
Sean Low is a Diploma holder in Graphic Design from Saito Academy & Higher Diploma and Master's Degree in Business with Infromation Technology from University of Northumbria, NewCastle. He is Management Consultant for Pink Elephant with the responsibility for delivery (consulting projects), training and development in the Asian region. Service Management Process and Applications Manager with the responsibilities of defining, documenting and implementing IT service management processes and policies across the World Vision International (WVI) global partnership that consists of more than 50 countries. Technical Services Manager with HP (formerly EDS) with the responsibility of managing the Wintel support team with 100-150 staffs supporting over international/multinational customers which includes daily operational responsibility for people, customer and day-to-day project management activities of the team. IT Manager for Malaysia's premier business weekly The Edge. Responsibilities include managing a team of web designers, programmers and system support staff. Other responsibilities include providing strategic direction to implementation of IT processes within the organisation Read More