Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
CL220: Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) is for cloud administrators and operators who need to use Red Hat® CloudForms to manage cloud instances running on multiple cloud providers or virtualization infrastructures.
This course is based on Red Hat CloudForms 4.
In this course, students use a hybrid environment, configure Red Hat CloudForms to work with Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, deploy virtual machines (VMs) with templates and customization, produce chargeback reports on VM and resource use and automations, and perform policy-based management. This course covers CloudForms tenants, interface customization, timeline and event analysis, and service provisioning.
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220) and become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management.
Course content summary
• Configure Red Hat CloudForms 4
• Define regions, zones, tenants, users, groups, and roles
• Provision and manage VMs
• Generate reports and cloud information from CloudForms analytics
• Configure Red Hat CloudForms alerts
• Automate tasks with CloudForms
• Manage service catalogs
• Use Ansible by Red Hat with CloudForms to automate system configuration
• Cloud administrators and cloud operators responsible for maintaining hybrid cloud environments
• Cloud architects who intend to use CloudForms for management and analysis of their company's cloud environment
• DevOps engineers responsible for creating an environment that provides virtual machines (VMs) for developing and testing applications, building service catalogs, and automating workflows
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) or equivalent system administration skills
• Knowledge of Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, vSphere, or Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is helpful but not required
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to simplify workload management in a hybrid cloud environment, reducing the need for training in multiple technologies. Workloads can be migrated between public and private clouds to ensure the best value is obtained, and workflow automation can reduce time spent performing manual tasks saving on labor costs.
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to audit and manage workloads in a hybrid cloud environment.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Deploy CloudForms
• Connect various providers
• Provision virtual machines
• Perform SmartState analysis of virtual machines
• Create control and compliance policies
• Create custom reports
• Manage alerts
• Automate tasks
• Create Catalogs
Introduce and describe CloudForms architecture and terminology.
Deploy and configure the CloudForms appliance.
Connect CloudForms to infrastructure, cloud, and network providers.
Create tenants, users, and tags for CloudForms management.
Provision virtual machines (VMs) using CloudForms.
Implement CloudForms control and compliance policies.
Display information on VMs and their resource use.
Manage CloudForms lifecycle events
Use CloudForms Intelligence metrics to analyze infrastructure utilization.
Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
Execute CloudForms automations to speed up delivery.
Manage catalogs and order services from a catalog.
Automate CloudForms deployment with Ansible Tower by Red Hat.
Red Hat Certified Trainer