CEPH126 : Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration with exam
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Red Hat Ceph Storage Architecture and Administration with exam (CEPH126) is designed for storage administrators or cloud operators who intend to deploy Red Hat Ceph Storage to their production data center environment or OpenStack installation.
This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and cloud developers who want to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage for use by servers in an enterprise data center or within a Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment.
• Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
• Some experience with storage administration is recommended, but not required
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to deploy and operate a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster and configure it as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
• Explain the architecture of a Ceph cluster.
• Deploy a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster using Ansible.
• Manage operations on a Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
• Provide servers with storage from the Ceph cluster using block, object, and file-based access methods.
• Integrate Red Hat Ceph Storage as backend storage for Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
• Deploy and expand the storage capacity of a new Red Hat Ceph Storage cluster.
• Manage how Ceph stores data with pools, configure Red Hat Ceph Storage using its configuration file, and configure users for Ceph clients that may access the Ceph storage cluster.
• Configure Ceph to provide block storage for clients by using RADOS block devices (RBDs).
• Configure Ceph to provide object storage for clients by using a RADOS gateway (RADOSGW or RGW).
• Configure Ceph to provide file storage for clients using the Ceph Filesystem (CephFS).
• Adjust the CRUSH map—which controls how data is stored, replicated, and distributed across OSDs in the Ceph cluster—in order to optimize resiliency and performance.
• Explain how the monitor and OSD maps are managed in order to maintain cluster operation, quorum, and consistency.
• Check Ceph cluster status, troubleshoot Ceph daemon problems, and upgrade Ceph software.
• Identify the key performance metrics for a Ceph cluster and use them to help tune and troubleshoot the operating system and Ceph software for optimal performance.
• Configure an OpenStack cloud to use Ceph to provide image, block, object, and file storage
Kelvin Lai Kok FoongTechnical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce.