Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
CDCE - Certified Data Centre Expert
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
CDCE is the premier certification for data centre professionals in the data centre design/build and related fields. This 5-day course is designed to prepare participants to analyse a given business case and perform technical evaluation for a project plan and a set of designs for implementation of a mission critical data centre.
The primary audience for this course is any IT, facilities or data centre professional, who are involved in the design/build, renovation or relocation of a mission-critical data centre.
Participants must hold a valid CDCS certificate in order to register for the CDCE class.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
• Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data centres based on current and future needs.
• Describe all components important for high-availability in a data centre and how to effectively setup the data centre.
• Understand the design lifecycle stages for data centre build projects and the phases involved in project execution.
• Analyse a business case and develop a project brief that is aimed at fulfilling the business resilience, site selection and design requirements for a fit-for-purpose and suitably redundant mission-critical data centre.
• Conduct technical level design reviews for a given set of preliminary design documents and perform a technical compliance audit of a set of final design development documents compliant to TIA standards.
• Understand how to read electrical Single Line Diagrams (SLD) and other related design documents, and be able to detect the most common design mistakes.
• Evaluate product datasheets and discriminate amongst technical specifications and functional requirements for suitability against a set of given design requirements for a given site and business case.
• Correlate equipment specifications to site design constraints, such as room size and space, floor loading capacity, cooling capacity, power quality conditions and maintenance requirements while ensuring equipment selection does not compromise desired tier level compliance.
• Develop Individual Equipment Test (IET) and Integrated Performance Validation Test (IPVT) plans for a mission-critical data centre.
• Develop guidelines and checklists for handover of a mission-critical data centre facility, its architectural, mechanical, electrical, IT elements and documentation.
• Develop retirement plans for decommissioning and handover of an aged mission-critical data centre facility.
• Data centre lifecycle stages and phases
• Creation of a SON – Statement Of Need
• Technology review
• Conceptual sizing
• How to calculate for computer room space
• How to calculate facility space
• How to calculate incoming power
• Exercise: Conceptual sizing building and power
• Analysing capacity of existing facility
• Analysing investment options
• Site selection
• Permits and approvals
• Exercise: Site selection
• Conceptual design
• Budget and project timeline
• Business case preparation
• Project delivery structure
• Project management options
• Project manager and team
• OSRA – Operational Systems Requirement Analysis
• TFRA – Technical Facilities Requirement Analysis
• Operations and maintenance review
• RFP – Request For Proposal process
• Vendor selection
• Project planning
• Design development
• PDR – Preliminary Design Review
• Equipment selection
• FDR/V – Final Design Review/Validation
• Exercise: Full design validation of power, cooling, floor plans, fire suppression
• Design freeze and LLTI
• Creation of construction documents
• BOM/BOQ – Bill Of Material/Bill Of Quantity
• Exercise: Equipment selection
• Requirements of purchase orders
• Shipping terms
• FWT/FAT – Factory Witness Test/Factory Acceptance Test
• Incoming goods inspection and handling
• Asset management
• Temporary essential services
• Erection of the building
• Permanent essential services
• Building inspection
• Snag list
• COF – Certificate Of Fitness
• Builders cleaning
• As-Built Drawings
• IET – Individual Equipment Test
• IPVT/IST – Integrated Performance Verification Test/Integrated Systems Test
• Common mistakes with IET/IPVT
• Deep cleaning
• Exercise: IET/IPVT scripting
• Facility hand-over requirements and documents
• PCC – Practical Completion Certificate
• DLP – Defect Liability Period
• Defect Management
• ICT Systems Installation
• ICT Systems Testing
• Hand-Over/DLP Expiry
• FCC – Final Completion Certificate
• Reasons and definitions of retirement
• Building the business case and project plan
• Transfer of site
• Demolishing of site
• Legal matters
• FCC – Final Completion Certificate
EC Council Certified Trainer