Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
An Analytical Journey with Microsoft Power BI
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
This instructor-led adventurous workshop is designed for audiences to be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to kickstart their analytical journey with Microsoft Power BI. You will be guided from the stage of connecting data, transforming data, and visualizing your data.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe key features of Microsoft Power BI
• Understand how data are connected to Microsoft Power BI
• Massage, cleanse, format and transform data
• Visualizing data using reports and dashboards
This course is for beginners and users with little or no exposure of basic programming concepts, little or no knowledge of data warehouse schema, an awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting, and technically familiar with Microsoft Excel.
• What is Power BI?
• The Power BI service and its ecosystem
• Product and subscription information
• Familiarizing with Microsoft Power BI app and service
• Using Excel as a Power BI data source
• Using databases as a Power BI data source
• Essence of data modeling
• Understanding the Power BI dataset
• Importance of table relationships
• Understanding the purpose of a Date table
• Power BI Desktop queries (Power Query)
• Cleansing data and transformations
• Consolidation of data through appends and merges
• Golden techniques of data consolidation in Power BI
• Essence of M Formula language
• Experimenting with data massaging with Power Query editor window
• Custom functions using M Formula language
• Common scenarios of efficient data transformation
• Creating Power BI reports
• Creating Power BI dashboards
• Selections and Bookmarks
• Q&A feature of Power BI
• AI visuals of Power BI
• What is DAX?
• Calculated columns vs. measures
• What are quick measures?
• Performing simple calculations
• Generating a simple pivot table report using the calculations of DAX
• Difference between M and DAX
• Microsoft AppSource
• What are Power BI Apps and Custom Visuals?
• What is Row-level Security (RLS)?
• DirectQuery vs. Import connectivity modes
• Options of embedding Power BI reports/dashboards
• Power BI Premium… What you need to know
Gerald Hoong Seng Kah
Gerald has 19 years of information technology experience and on community service and event experiences, he excels impressively. He was invited as a speaker for 3 break-out sessions for Microsoft TechED SEA 2008 on SQL Server 2008 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He even participated at the “Ask-The-Expert" booth for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 at the Heroes Launch 2008 and conducted a Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, formerly code-named “Orcas" Metro workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors (ISVs).
He was invited as a speaker on various occasions such as during the 2 break-out sessions and 3 instructor-led sessions at Microsoft TechED SEA 2007 on SQL Server 2008 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 respectively at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. He was also a speaker for an instructor-led session at Microsoft TechEd SEA 2006 on development of web parts using Windows SharePoint Services Version 3.0 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He conducted a few Microsoft Office 2007 Touchdown workshops for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and ISVs. He also conducted a Microsoft Windows Server code-named “Longhorn" Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System workshop for Microsoft Certfied Partners and ISVs.
He was invited as a guest speaker on Microsoft Office 2007 development for the MIND community, which is an active IT community under the helm of Microsoft. He is a committee member of SQL Practitioners Alliance Network (SPAN).
He was the co- speaker and tag team presenter at
the recently concluded World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Las Vegas, USA. He was the only Malaysian presenter among
the other presenters from Asia.
In March 2014, he participated as co-speaker and tag team presenter at the World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Venetian Hotel and Resorts, Las Vegas, USA.
Recently, he conducted a specialized Microsoft SharePoint training and consultancy for a team of 17 people from Carlsberg Group at Carlsberg & Jacobsen Brewhouse in Copenhagen, Denmark.Read More