Adobe Indesign CS6 - Foundation
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Adobe InDesign is a software application produced by Adobe Systems. It can be used to create works such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines, newspapers and books. InDesign can also publish content suitable for tablet devices in conjunction with Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.
This course contains 8 lessons, which will cover the basics of learning InDesign and provides countless tips and techniques to help you become more productive with the program.
You'll learn how to create printing designs for such as posters, flyers, brochures, magazines and more!
The primary audience for this course is Desktop Publishing Artists, Graphic Artists, IT Executive, Designers, Webmaster and Programmers.
This course will go through the foundation to the advance features of Adobe InDesign CS6. Thus, it is suitable for anyone who is new to InDesign environment or those who have not had formal training.
- Participants should be comfortable using a mouse, opening and saving files and the general operations of computers
- Familiarity to any graphics program would be an advantage
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Understand the basic technical skills required to work with types, text, layers, shapes, brushes and to create effects in Adobe InDesign CS6
- Looking at the workspace
- Working with panels
- Customizing workspace
- Navigating through a document
- Using context menus
- Viewing documents
- Preflighting as you work
- Viewing guides
- Adding text
- Working with styles
- Working with graphics
- Working with objects
- Working with Object Styles
- Creating and saving custom document settings
- Creating a new document
- Switching between open InDesign documents
- Working with Master pages
- Applying master pages to document pages
- Adding sections to change page numbering
- Adding new pages
- Arranging and deleting pages
- Placing text and graphics on document pages
- Overriding master page items
- Working with layers
- Creating and editing text frames
- Creating and editing graphics frames
- Adding metadata captions
- Text wrapping around graphics
- Modifying shape of frames
- Transforming and aligning objects
- Flowing text into existing text frame
- Flowing text manually
- Creating text frames while flowing text
- Flowing text automatically
- Adding jump line page number
- Finding and changing missing font
- Entering and importing text
- Finding and changing text and formatting
- Checking and spelling
- Editing text by dragging and dropping
- Using Story Editor
- Tracking changes
- Adjusting vertical spacing
- Changing fonts and type styles
- Fine-tuning columns
- Changing paragraph alignment
- Creating a drop cap
- Adjusting letter and word spacing
- Setting tabs
- Adding rule
- Defining printing requirements
- Creating and applying colors
- Working with gradients
- Creating a tint
- Creating a spot color
- Applying colors to text and objects
- Using advances gradient techniques
Mohd Saiful Nizam
He has conducted and facilitated various types of courses for entrepreneurs and college students using programs developed by himself and his team based on knowledge sharing, teaching, learning and applying this knowledge to help cultivate a learning environment for all the participants that attend his training sessions.
He has also taught participants of various ages and has a lot of experience in handling different types of participants.
Alex Ong Min JieAlex has been working with multimedia applications since Adobe Flash was still Macromedia Flash and has taken up a Bachelor of Computer Science in Multimedia at University Putra Malaysia after the spark of interest. He explores different multimedia applications and several programming languages, such as Java and C#. He is a very fast learner, enabling him to improve himself in the departments he is most interested in. During his final year in UPM, he was a participant of Imagine Cup, and a finalist in the Malaysia levels, which heightened his experience. He has worked at a local Spend Management System Specialist, which enabled him to sharpen his programming skills in .Net. This also helps to improve his understanding of the market's requirements and needs.
Arun Prasath SivananthamArun is one of the leading corporate trainer's that has been in the web development and networking industry for about 5 years. His goal is to lead and be a member of a creative and innovative team to share ideas that will produce outstanding solutions. He is recognized as an accomplished, up-to date technical trainer, very skilled at providing effective technical instruction and coordinating effective training programs. Established as a versatile technical trainer, writer and project implementation lead, Arun is well experienced in Microsoft Office applications, web design, developing I-phone mobile application as well as in consulting and customer service. A savvy IT bridge-builder, he provides service technology companies and their client's efficient and results-oriented communication.His key competencies include setup and delivery of client courses, consultation, network implementation, development of course material for customized courses, project planning, conducting in-house training, mediator of workplace conflicts and diversity.