Adobe Illustrator CS6 - Foundation
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Adobe Illustrator CS6 is a leading vector graphics program for graphic arts and is used extensively in the printing and publishing, World Wide Web and graphic design industries.
This course contains 7 lessons, which will cover the basics of learning Illustrator and provides countless tips and techniques to help you become more productive with the program.
You'll learn how to create artwork for illustrations, logos, stationery, page layouts, posters and integrate with Adobe Flash® movies, Adobe InDesign® layouts and more!
The primary audience for this course is Desktop Publishing Artists, Graphic Artists, IT Executive, Designers, Webmaster and Programmers.
This course will go through the foundation to the advance features of Adobe Illustrator CS6. Thus, it is suitable for anyone who is new to Illustrator environment or those who have not had formal training.
- Participants should be comfortable using a mouse, opening and saving files and the general operations of computers
- Familiarity to any graphics program would be an advantage
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Understand the basic technical skills required to work with types, text, layers, shapes, brushes and to create effects in Adobe Illustrator CS6
- Understanding the workspace
- Using panel menus
- Using view commands
- Using Zoom tool
- Viewing artwork
- Navigating multiple artboards
- Understanding rulers
- Using Selection tool
- Using Direct Selection tool
- Magic Wand tool
- Aligning objects
- Aligning points
- Distributing objects
- Grouping items
- Isolation Mode
- Arranging objects
- Creating basic shapes
- Using different drawing modes
- Stroke width and alignment
- Combining and editing shapes
- Working with Shape Builder tool
- Applying pathfinder effects
- Working with shape modes
- Live Trace
- Working with artboards
- Creating, editing and reordering artboards
- Transforming content
- Working with rulers and guides
- Scaling, reflecting, rotating, distorting and shearing objects
- Positioning objects precisely
- Changing perspective
- Multiple transformations
- Using free distort
- Creating lines
- Creating curved paths
- Converting points
- Drawing illustrations with points
- Splitting paths
- Adding effects on paths
- Editing curves
- Drawing with Pencil tool
- Editing with Pencil tool
- Painting artwork
- Understanding colors
- Color modes
- Color controls
- Creating colors and color groups
- Making custom colors
- Editing swatches
- Using swatch libraries
- Editing colors and color groups
- Working with the Kuler panel
- Painting with patterns and gradients
- Editing and applying patterns
- Working with Live Paint
- Working with type
- Creating point type
- Creating area type
- Importing plain text files
- Creating columns of text
- Working with text flow and reflow
- Managing text objects
- Threading text
- Formatting type
- Formatting paragraphs
- Creating type on a path
- Text wrapping around objects
- Creating text outlines
Mohd Saiful Nizam
He has conducted and facilitated various types of courses for entrepreneurs and college students using programs developed by himself and his team based on knowledge sharing, teaching, learning and applying this knowledge to help cultivate a learning environment for all the participants that attend his training sessions.
He has also taught participants of various ages and has a lot of experience in handling different types of participants.
Alex Ong Min JieAlex has been working with multimedia applications since Adobe Flash was still Macromedia Flash and has taken up a Bachelor of Computer Science in Multimedia at University Putra Malaysia after the spark of interest. He explores different multimedia applications and several programming languages, such as Java and C#. He is a very fast learner, enabling him to improve himself in the departments he is most interested in. During his final year in UPM, he was a participant of Imagine Cup, and a finalist in the Malaysia levels, which heightened his experience. He has worked at a local Spend Management System Specialist, which enabled him to sharpen his programming skills in .Net. This also helps to improve his understanding of the market's requirements and needs.
Mohd Yunus Bin OmarMohd Yunus has been working in the IT industry since 1995 and has been exposed to all the common challenges faced by IT personnel. With years of experience working with multimedia, IT services and end users, he understands the importance of business value, infrastructure efficiency and user productivity.He shares his passion in multimedia related software especially Adobe and Autodesk products and specializes in visual effects, animation, graphic and web designing, architectural, mechanical and electrical.