Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
5 Day with 08 hours per day
Mon 25 Apr 09:00 - Fri 29 Apr 17:00
HRDF SBL Claimable
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
Request more information
Inquiry for: Myself My Company
Our learning consultant will get back to you in 1 business day
AD248: Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Install, configure, and manage Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I teach you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss EAP.
After completing this course, you should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam.
• Installing and run JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode and domain mode
• Configuring a domain
• Deploying applications to JBoss EAP 7
• Configuring the datasource subsystem
• Configuring Java™ Message Service (JMS) and HornetQ
• Configuring the logging subsystem
• Configuring the web subsystem
• Implementing application security in JBoss EAP 7
• Configuring the batch subsystem
• An introduction to clustering
Unsure where your Red Hat JBoss Administration skills are? Take our JBoss Administration skills assessment to find out.
System administrators who are either new to Red Hat JBoss or have experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
• Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
• Understanding of hardware and networking
• Note: No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussions, and practical exercise.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to minimize time to market for applications, and to simplify administration tasks. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to increase application stability and cut costs for managing applications.
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to manage JBoss EAP 7 in both standalone mode and a managed domain with both the EAP CLI and web console.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
• Install JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode or as a managed domain.
• Configure the new batch subsystem.
• Administer the HornetQ messaging subsystem.
• Secure applications deployed on JBoss EAP.
• Customize server logging.
• Create and manage datasource connections to databases.
• Manage JBoss EAP clustering.
• Learn the concepts and terminology of JBoss EAP 7.
• Install and run a JBoss EAP instance.
• Understand extensions, profiles, and subsystems.
• Run and configure JBoss EAP in standalone mode.
• Configure interfaces and socket binding groups.
• Configure JBoss EAP with command line interface.
• Deploying applications in standalone mode.
• Run JBoss EAP as a managed domain.
• Assign a domain controller.
• Configure a host controller and domain controller.
• Manage domain server architecture.
• Configure servers and server groups.
• Explore the datasource subsystem and configure JDBC drivers, datasources, and an XA datasource.
• Configure loggers and logging handlers.
• Explore the messaging subsystem.
• Configure messaging resources, journals, and other settings.
• Configure a database security realm, an LDAP security realm, and password vault.
• Secure a JMS Destination.
• Configure the JVM in standalone mode and in a managed domain.
• Explore and configure the features of the web subsystem.
• Explore clustered applications.
• Configure subsystems that support clustered applications and configure load balancing.
• Deploy HA Singleton applications.
• Explore and configure batch jobs and batch subsystem.
• Explore the new features in JBoss EAP 7.
• Migrate JBoss EAP 6 applications to JBoss EAP 7.
• Review the tasks in Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I.
Red Hat Certified Trainer
With an IT career spanning more than 15 years, Boniface Liew, a director of BL Digital, has vast experience and knowledge and had served as a Consultant and Specialist across many IT disciplines. From system, database, applications, networking, virtualization and cloud computing, while serving as a contract Trainer and Consultant for various principles such as Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, Novell, HP and Cirtix.
He has held many positions in the IT industry, such as MIS Director, MIS Manager, IT Manager and Senior System Engineer both in Malaysia and Australia. From end-user to ISP based companies, Boniface has advantages over his peers, in experience, expertise and exposure. He is an excellent communicator with a pleasant personality and a self-driven attitude for excellence.Read More
Since 1996, Adrian has been working with Linux – both in his professional capacity as a System Admin in the companies he had worked for as well as his hobby during his spare time. He has built a secure Linux firewall (based on the Slackware distro) on a 486 machine in 1998 which served as his company's main Internet gateway.Since then, he has taught himself PHP programming & developed a fully functional web-based “Staff Leave Application" for his company's internal use, built and sold commercial grade scripts used by online-marketers as well as designed and implemented highly-available MySQL replication across geographical data-centers with automated fail-over monitoring and triggering.In addition to the Linux (RedHat)/System Administration skills, Adrian is also well-versed in the web-application layer, i.e. the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack. One of his projects which utilizes both skill-sets is the development of the Afterschool.com Education portal which is a custom built Wordpress theme that runs an optimized LAMP stack on secured CentOS server.A strong advocate for the Open Source movement, Adrian's venture into professional training & education is a natural progression in his passion to share his knowledge and experience with others. Read More
Kelvin Lai Kok Foong
Technical Trainer/Consultant with a 15-year academic and corporate career producing powerful learning opportunities for corporate and higher education. Versatile and effective educator with over 11 years' experience in corporate training/consultation and over 4 years' experience in higher education. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research and design fundamentals – over 90% positive commented feedbacks from customers.Educational researcher with two completed research programs. First, implemented a solution on classroom setup through automated scripting in HP-Unix and Linux. Second, implementation of high availability through clustering for web server and mail server.Actively committed to the role of a freelance consultant/trainer, advising and training for corporations. Successfully troubleshoot problems in relatively short period, reducing cost through open source solutions and conducted various technical consultations and support. Holds a reputation for effective trainings, which result in a more highly qualified and productive workforce. Read More