Ways to train
Live, instructor-led training in a standard, professional classroom environment
Live, instructor-led training conducted over the internet, with hands-on labs
An online, HTML5, self-paced learning experience available for all courses
Private training for your entire team, delivered at your location, a training center, or online
Video classroomLearn more about our training formats
High-definition video of our most popular courses, streamed to your laptop or personal device
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
6214: Effective Team Development Using Microsoft Visual Studio Team System (VSTS)
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to manage source control management, a configurable build process, tools that aid in test driven development, and process workflow all integrated directly into Visual Studio 2008.
By the end of the course, developers are equipped to use test-driven techniques and proven software processes to create high-quality software with a minimal change in overall effort.
This course is intended for Enterprise IT Staff who actively participate in software development projects, that is, participants in specification, design, coding, testing, or project management.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience and familiarity with process methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF)
- Familiarity with diagramming implementations, high-level database design, distributed systems design, and business requirements analysis
- Experience in using source code versioning control tools, bug reporting, tracking, analysis tools, and possibly a unit testing suite
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- Some knowledge of Visual Basic .NET or Visual C# code
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe integrated Application Life Cycle Management (ALM) and how Visual Studio Team System 2008 aids the ALM process.
- Identify the components of Microsoft Visual Studio Team System architecture and how these are used to improve collaboration and increase the overall efficiency of the team development process.
- Describe project management tools available in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008.
- Describe the developer and architect tasks in Visual Studio Team System 2008.
- Describe MSBuild architecture and customize Team Build.
- Access version control.
- Describe Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 tools used for performance and code analysis.
- Describe Web and load testing in Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008.
Eswaran al K.Ananda Sekran
Eswaran has been working in the IT industry since 2000. He has 12 years of involvement in the IT industry with the past 8 years being in IT training. He continuously seeks to update his knowledge with the latest technology developments.
His key specializations lie in database and programming. He has experience in programming using Visual Basic/NET and also has wide knowledge in implementing and designing database using SQL Server.Read More
Gerald Hoong Seng Kah
Gerald has 19 years of information technology experience and on community service and event experiences, he excels impressively. He was invited as a speaker for 3 break-out sessions for Microsoft TechED SEA 2008 on SQL Server 2008 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He even participated at the “Ask-The-Expert" booth for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 at the Heroes Launch 2008 and conducted a Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, formerly code-named “Orcas" Metro workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors (ISVs).
He was invited as a speaker on various occasions such as during the 2 break-out sessions and 3 instructor-led sessions at Microsoft TechED SEA 2007 on SQL Server 2008 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 respectively at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. He was also a speaker for an instructor-led session at Microsoft TechEd SEA 2006 on development of web parts using Windows SharePoint Services Version 3.0 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He conducted a few Microsoft Office 2007 Touchdown workshops for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and ISVs. He also conducted a Microsoft Windows Server code-named “Longhorn" Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System workshop for Microsoft Certfied Partners and ISVs.
He was invited as a guest speaker on Microsoft Office 2007 development for the MIND community, which is an active IT community under the helm of Microsoft. He is a committee member of SQL Practitioners Alliance Network (SPAN).
He was the co- speaker and tag team presenter at
the recently concluded World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Las Vegas, USA. He was the only Malaysian presenter among
the other presenters from Asia.
In March 2014, he participated as co-speaker and tag team presenter at the World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Venetian Hotel and Resorts, Las Vegas, USA.
Recently, he conducted a specialized Microsoft SharePoint training and consultancy for a team of 17 people from Carlsberg Group at Carlsberg & Jacobsen Brewhouse in Copenhagen, Denmark.Read More
James Hong Chii Guan
James has trained more than thousands of people in conducting in-house / public training and private tutoring. With his previous vast experiences, he is allowed to provide training for Microsoft Office 2002, 2003, and Microsoft Office 2007, Programming with Microsoft Visual Basic.net, Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL, Developing Microsoft .Net Applications for Windows (VB.Net), Developing Microsoft ASP. Net Web Applications Using Visual Studio.Net.