55006: Systems Center 2012 Operations Manager
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the necessary knowledge to successfully design and deploy Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager. In this course, students are introduced to the basic theory of service monitoring. They will also learn about configuration, deployment, monitoring, and operation of Operations Manager 2012.
After completing this course, students will have the skills necessary to manage Operations Manager for maximum business benefit. This course incorporates case studies and hands-on learning opportunities so students can practice applying business solutions to real-world scenarios.
This course is for IT Professionals who already have some prerequisite technical knowledge and want to learn the skills necessary to implement a comprehensive service monitoring system for their production environment. This course is also for IT Professionals who want to learn how to communicate relevant business information about the operational status of the IT environment.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Experience with PowerShell and SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Familiarity with data center management processes
- Previous work with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Previous work with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
- Knowledge of previous versions of Operations Manager
- Knowledge of the product(s) that you plan to monitor
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Design and build a Production Service Monitoring Program
- Configure and administer Operations Manager 2012
- Deploy monitoring for servers, applications and services
- Deploy management packs
- Create monitors and rules
- Tune monitors and rules for maximum benefit
- Create and configure reports for IT and business consumption
- Meet and exceed SLAs to add value to business partners
- Configure monitoring views and administrative tasks
- Deploy monitoring for UNIX/Linux and Network Devices
- Configure Operations Manager 2012 role-based security
- Configure notifications, subscribers and subscriptions
- Configure general Operations Manager 2012 maintenance settings
- Describe the Operations Manager 2012 Gateway Server
- Automate Operations Manager with PowerShell
- Meet and exceed SLA's in order to bring value to business partners
- Integrate Operations Manager with other tools
Ong Kian BoonHave been working in the IT industry since 2004 and exposed to all the common challenges faced by IT and security professionals. With years of experience working with business and management, IT service delivery and end users, he understands the importance of business value, infrastructure efficiency, user productivity as well as the protection of all these assets.Having started training with Info Trek in 2009, he has been sharing his passion and experiences in Microsoft infrastructure servers, Cisco routing and switching, as well as Novell SuSE Linux. He also specialises in security implementations and audit as no implementation can survive without it.
Mohd Adam KaneStarted training in early 1997 after returning from Singapore and have been actively participating in IT projects and consultation while conducting freelance training. He was a Senior Trainer with Info Trek focus on Unified Communications, Messaging Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure Management and Microsoft Server Systems.He brings to the classroom for all to share his many years of experience in project roll out and consultancy such as Operating System Migration, Messaging Infrastructure Deployment & Migration, System Center Deployment, Data Center Planning & Management, Identity Management, Unified Communication Implementation, Disaster Recovery, Fibre Network Implementation, High Availability Deployment and Network Management.
Prakash AL Narayanan
Prakash has more than 11 years of working experience in the IT industry and 10 years of experience in Training. He also holds various professional certifications such as MCSE (Windows 2000 & Windows 2003), MCSA (Windows 2000 & Windows 2003), MCT, CCNA and CCSI. He is independent and hungry for knowledge. This trait makes him an ideal candidate for success in the IT industry because of its rapid development and constant updates.
Prakash has in depth understanding of networking technologies and applies his knowledge to help implement network and systems solutions using Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Exchange Services, Systems Centre Suite of Products, mainly Systems Centre Configuration Manager, Systems Centre Operations Manager and Systems Centre Essentials, Cisco and Microsoft Office Applications. As a MCSE 2003 holder and a accreditated Microsoft Certified Trainer, this gives him additional recognition in the industry.