50465: PerformancePoint 2010 Designing and Implementing Scorecards and Dashboards
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This instructor-led course provides students with the necessary knowledge to develop Scorecards and Dashboards using PerformancePoint 2010 in their own work environment. The course covers design theory, different types of dashboards, planning, deployment and security. Each of the first class objects such as Indicators, KPIs, Filters, Data Sources, and interconnecting them into scorecards and combining scorecards into dashboards is covered in depth. In addition peripheral knowledge that greatly enhances the design experience is provided including an overview of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, basic understanding of the hosting services for PerformancePoint 2010 which is SharePoint 2010, MDX queries and SQL Server Analysis Services.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- An understanding of the benefits of business intelligence
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Discover, design and implement KPIs
- Understand the scoring methodologies used with indicators to change visual displays
- Decide on how to modify a scoring methodology
- Understand the role of SQL Server Analysis Services in measurement
- Be able to develop proper filters for easy end-user click to detail on dashboards
- Group Scorecards into Dashboards and link them together
- Modify the web page hosting the Dashboards for branding
- Implement Master Pages in Dashboards for consistency with company standards
- Develop multiple-valued KPIs. For example This year Actual and Target and last Year Actual and Target at the same relative point in time
- Implement Time Intelligence features to query such as Year-To-Date, Last 6 Months etc.
- Use Excel Services and Excel Workbooks in Scorecards or as a data source
- Utilize the document management capabilities of SharePoint 2010 for PerformancePoint objects for versioning, document retention and reverting
- Understand team development methodologies with developing PerformancePoint to reuse existing objects or to segment projects
- Use workflows to approve scorecards and dashboards
- Develop Filters for Scorecards
- Use Dashboard Designer
- Work with views of SSAS Cubes to model data for proof of concept for KPIs
- Connect into Data Sources via data Connections
- Gain a generalized understanding of MDX to write basic queries
- Generate Visual Reports and tie them into Dashboards
- Utilize decomposition trees
- Understand what the advantages of having SharePoint as the platform are
- Use dynamic hierarchies in Scorecards
- Secure all PerformancePoint objects
- Implement User Menus in Scorecards Synchronize data across multiple mobile devices using Work Folders in Windows 8/Windows 8.1.
- Connecting to applications via Web Application Proxy.
- SQL 2008R2 Business Intelligence Platform
- SQL Analysis Services
- SQL Reporting Services
- Performance Management Tools
- SharePoint 2010
- Multidimensional Space
- Data Mining
- Understanding the Terminology
Lab : The Business Intelligence Stack
- Integration with SharePoint Server 2010
- Common Service Application Framework
- New PerformancePoint Features
- Storage Security
- Time Intelligence and Dynamic Filters
- Linking of Web Parts
- KPI Details Report
- Retired Features
Lab : PerformancePoint Services 2010
- What is a Dashboard?
- What is a Scorecard?
- Scorecards in PPS
- KPI Collections
- Dashboard Design Guidelines
- Dashboards designed to Monitor
- Dashboards designed to Analyze
- Dashboards designed as Management views such as Six Sigma
Lab : Dashboards and Scorecards Overview
- What is MDX?
- MDX Query Editor
- Select Statement
- Key Concepts
- Time Intelligence
Lab : MDX (Optional Module)
- Dashboard Designer Internals
- Dashboard Designer Interface
- First Class Objects
- Main Window
- Dashboard Designer Features
Lab : Dashboard Designer
- Data Sources
- Specific Sources
- SharePoint List
- Time Intelligence
Lab : Data Connections
- Visual Indicators
- Categorizing Indicators
- Performance Measures
- KPI Characteristics
- KPI Details
- KPI Templates
- Formatting Numbers
- Data Mappings
- Calculation Metrics
- Scoring Patterns
- Banding Methods
- KPI Details Report
- Best Practices
Lab : Visual Indicators and Key Performance
- Types of Reports
- Analytic Chart
- Analytic Grid
- Excel Services
- ProClarity Analytics
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Provider and Consumer
- Member Selection
- Named Set
- STPS to MDX
- Post Formula
Lab : Visual Reports and Filters
- Three Categories
- SSAS Template
- Standard Template
- Tabular Scorecards
- Data Sources
- Implementing Interactivity
- Display values
- Using Filters
Lab : Scorecards
- Dashboard Hierarchy
- Dashboard Variance
- Dynamic Dashboards
- Dashboard Interactivity
Lab : Dashboard Details
Gerald Hoong Seng Kah
Gerald has 19 years of information technology experience and on community service and event experiences, he excels impressively. He was invited as a speaker for 3 break-out sessions for Microsoft TechED SEA 2008 on SQL Server 2008 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He even participated at the “Ask-The-Expert" booth for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 at the Heroes Launch 2008 and conducted a Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008, formerly code-named “Orcas" Metro workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors (ISVs).
He was invited as a speaker on various occasions such as during the 2 break-out sessions and 3 instructor-led sessions at Microsoft TechED SEA 2007 on SQL Server 2008 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 respectively at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center. He was also a speaker for an instructor-led session at Microsoft TechEd SEA 2006 on development of web parts using Windows SharePoint Services Version 3.0 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.
He conducted a few Microsoft Office 2007 Touchdown workshops for Microsoft Certified Partners and independent software vendors and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 1 Touchdown workshop for Microsoft Certified Partners and ISVs. He also conducted a Microsoft Windows Server code-named “Longhorn" Touchdown workshop and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System workshop for Microsoft Certfied Partners and ISVs.
He was invited as a guest speaker on Microsoft Office 2007 development for the MIND community, which is an active IT community under the helm of Microsoft. He is a committee member of SQL Practitioners Alliance Network (SPAN).
He was the co- speaker and tag team presenter at the recently concluded World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Las Vegas, USA. He was the only Malaysian presenter among the other presenters from Asia.
In March 2014, he participated as co-speaker and tag team presenter at the World SharePoint Conference 2014 at Venetian Hotel and Resorts, Las Vegas, USA.
Recently, he conducted a specialized Microsoft SharePoint training and consultancy for a team of 17 people from Carlsberg Group at Carlsberg & Jacobsen Brewhouse in Copenhagen, Denmark.