40553: Planning for a Secure Enterprise - Improving Detection
Starting FromRM 900.001 Days
HRDF SBL Claimable
Lunch & refreshment provided
Certificate of Attendance available
All of our private classes are customized to your organization's needs.
Click on the button below to send us your details and you will be contacted shortly.
This course is intended for IT Professionals that require a deeper understanding of Windows Security and to increase their knowledge level through a predominately hands-on experience with Microsoft threat detection tools for hybrid and cloud-based workloads.
This workshop is part of a larger series of Workshops offered by Microsoft on the practice of Security. While it is not required that you have completed any of the other courses in the Security Workshop series before taking this workshop, it is highly recommended that you start with the first course in the series, Microsoft Security Workshop: Enterprise Security Fundamentals.
This workshop requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
In addition to their professional experience, students who take this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
• Experience with Windows Client and Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Basic experience and understanding of Windows networking technologies, to include Windows Firewall network setting, DNS, DHCP, WiFi, and cloud services concepts.
• Basic experience and understanding of Active Directory, including functions of a domain controller, sign on services, and an understanding of group policy.
• Knowledge of and relevant experience in systems administration, using Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
Learners who take this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills through practical experience as a Security Administrator, System Administrator, or a Network Administrator.
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
By 2021, worldwide cybercrime damage is expected to reach $6 trillion —double what it cost businesses in 2015. As digital transformation sweeps the globe, the imminent threat of cybercrime grows alongside it. As a result, new techniques in cybersecurity are being developed to mitigate the increased levels of risks. Despite a wide variety of cyberattacks, most of them can be categorized based on their primary characteristics and their objectives. There is also a common set of methods and tactics that cyberattacks rely on in order to evade detection. These methods and tactics, in turn, shape the modern approach to cyber security. In this module, you will learn about the modern cyber threat landscape and the corresponding detection and prevention methods.
This module will provide an overview of a number of customer-managed and Microsoft-managed solutions that provide threat detection capabilities for on-premises workloads. It is important to note that these solutions are also available when running cloud-hosted Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) workloads, regardless of the cloud hosting provider, as long as the IaaS environment satisfies solution prerequisites.
• Windows Event Forwarding (WEF) and Intrusion Detection
• Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
• Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA)
• Microsoft Enterprise Threat Detection (ETD)
• Integrating programming and scripting technologies with threat detection
• Logging, Auditing, and Monitoring with Windows-based tools
Lab : Lab: Threat detection with Windows Event Forwarding
• Configure Windows Event Forwarding and creating a subscription
• Using WEF to detect threats
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Configure event forwarding to provide intrusion detection
• Plan for and deploy Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
• Plan for and deploy Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA)
• Plan for and deploy Microsoft Enterprise Threat Detection (EDT)
• Explain the benefits of Microsoft Security Risk Detection and AntiMalware Scan Interface (AMSI)
• Describe core logging, auditing, and monitoring capabilities provided by Windows-based tools
As organizations move their workloads to the Microsoft cloud, they can fully realize benefits offered by a wide range of its services. Most of these services deliver functionality superior to equivalent on-premises technologies. Customers can take advantage of enhanced security through advanced threat detection capabilities provided by services like Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), Azure Security Center, and Azure Log Analytics. These security services and capabilities provides a straightforward and effective way to understand what is happening within customers’ hybrid and cloud deployments in real time. In this module, you will learn about the most prominent Microsoft-managed services that provide threat detection capabilities for hybrid and cloud-based workloads.
• Microsoft Office 365 and SaaS Related Offerings
• Azure Advanced Threat Detection
• Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security Offerings
• Azure Logging and Auditing
After completing this module, students will be able to:
• Describe Microsoft Office 365 and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)-related offering that deliver threat detection functionality
• Identify services that comprise Azure Advanced Threat Detection and describe their functionality
• Explain the benefits of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility and Security offerings
• Provide a listing of logging and alerting capabilities in Azure and their integration with on-premises SIEM systems.
Cybersecurity solutions presented in the previous modules of this course combine extensive pre-breach endpoint security to prevent potential attacks with a post-breach detection and remediation functionality in order to minimize impact of an attack already in progress. To better understand the nature of these solutions and the benefits they offer, it is worthwhile to examine their response to real-life exploits. In this module, you will step through a number of different scenarios that illustrate how these solutions respond to a number of actual cyberattacks. The module will conclude with description of a Microsoft-recommended comprehensive approach to implementing cybersecurity in hybrid environments.
• Layered Machine Learning defenses in Windows Defender Antivirus
• Detecting persistent threats by using Windows Defender ATP
• Enterprise Threat Detection behavioral monitoring
• Microsoft comprehensive approach to cyber threat detection
Lab : Lab: Improving Detection
• Deploying Microsoft ATA
• Using Microsoft ATA for Threat Detection
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Provide examples of layered Machine Learning defenses in Windows Defender Antivirus
• Describe how Windows Defender ATP detects persistent threats
• Explain how Enterprise Threat Detection behavioral monitoring detects reflective DLL loading
• Describe the principles of the Microsoft comprehensive approach to cyber threat detection.
Ong Kian BoonHave been working in the IT industry since 2004 and exposed to all the common challenges faced by IT and security professionals. With years of experience working with business and management, IT service delivery and end users, he understands the importance of business value, infrastructure efficiency, user productivity as well as the protection of all these assets.Having started training with Info Trek in 2009, he has been sharing his passion and experiences in Microsoft infrastructure servers, Cisco routing and switching, as well as Novell SuSE Linux. He also specialises in security implementations and audit as no implementation can survive without it.
Mohd Adam KaneStarted training in early 1997 after returning from Singapore and have been actively participating in IT projects and consultation while conducting freelance training. He was a Senior Trainer with Info Trek focus on Unified Communications, Messaging Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure Management and Microsoft Server Systems.He brings to the classroom for all to share his many years of experience in project roll out and consultancy such as Operating System Migration, Messaging Infrastructure Deployment & Migration, System Center Deployment, Data Center Planning & Management, Identity Management, Unified Communication Implementation, Disaster Recovery, Fibre Network Implementation, High Availability Deployment and Network Management.
Ali Reza Bin AzmiAli Reza Azmi has been working in the IT industry since 2000 and he has more than 14 years of experience in IT training. He is well - versed in the configuration and troubleshooting of Window Server 20012 network infrastructure, Windows identity and access solutions with Windows Server 20012 active directory, Window Server 2012 active directory domain services and Windows Servers 2012 servers. He is knowledgeable in the planning and implementation of Windows Server 20012, Windows 8 desktop deployments and environments and in supporting Windows 8 for enterprise among others.