Course Code: CL210; Course Duration: 4 days; Instructor-led
This course is intended for Linux system administrators, cloud administrators, cloud operators, and infrastructure architects interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private or hybrid cloud.
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience by passing the online skills assessment
- Attend Red Hat OpenStack Administration I: Core Operations for Cloud Operators (CL110), or demonstrate equivalent experience
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
As a result of attending this course, you will know how to configure and manage an OpenStack installation featuring all of the common, core features and services used by enterprise private/hybrid cloud customers. You will also be able to choose and customize compute, storage, networking, deployment, and application support resources and services tailored to your enterprise needs.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Navigate and manage the control plane on the undercloud and the overcloud.
- Work with containerized overcloud infrastructure services.
- Manage necessary authentication, authorization, and security administration.
- Navigate and describe all network layers in an IaaS and all aspects of SDN design and management.
- Manage compute node and storage resource, including hyperconvergence.
- Troubleshoot typical OpenStack operations.
Describe the classroom environment, support systems, functions of the undercloud components, and more.
Identify the shared services running on a controller node and describe service endpoint configuration and security.
Describe the installation and architecture of a Red Hat Identity Management back end for the OpenStack identity service.
Build an image using diskimage-builder and customize launched instances during deployment using cloud-init.
Explain persistent storage options for use in OpenStack, focusing on the expanding capabilities of the default Red Hat® Ceph Storage.
Explain the different network types available to the OpenStack networking service and improve network performance with Open Virtual Network.
Perform common compute node administration tasks, including live migration, evacuation, and enabling and disabling compute nodes.
Explain the orchestration architecture required to deploy application stacks and write templates using the Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) language.
Discuss recommended diagnostic and troubleshooting tools and techniques.
Build a custom image and launch an instance using the custom image.