Unleash Your Potential with Red Hat OpenShift
Red Hat OpenShift is your ticket to a world of opportunity in the fast-paced realm of application development. In the “Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications” course (Course Code: DO288), you’ll embark on a transformative journey that can redefine your career. Designed for enterprise application developers and site reliability engineers, this course is a game-changer.
Master the Art of Containerization
With a duration of just 4 days, this instructor-led course equips you with the skills needed to design, customize, and manage containerized applications in the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Whether you’re already a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or a seasoned developer, this course will boost your DevOps prowess and help you navigate the dynamic world of container-based architecture.
Elevate Your Career
As you dive into modules covering application deployment, container image design, and the implementation of CI/CD pipelines in OpenShift, you’re setting yourself up for success. By mastering Red Hat OpenShift, you’re not just learning a platform; you’re unlocking doors to endless possibilities in the ever-evolving landscape of application development. Take this course, and empower yourself to build cloud-native applications, facilitate continuous deployment, and lead your organization into a new era of digital transformation. Your career’s transformation begins here.
Course Code: DO288; Course Duration: 4 days; Instructor-led
- Enterprise application developers
- Site reliability engineers
RECOMMENDED FOR THIS COURSE
- Complete the Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift course (DO180), or have equivalent knowledge
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator or having earned a higher certification is helpful for navigation and usage of the command line, but is not required
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion, and practical exercise.
As administrators and developers seek ways to improve application time to market for minimum viable products, containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. A container-based architecture, orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, improves application reliability and scalability while decreasing developer overhead and facilitating continuous deployment.
Building on the container foundations set in Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180), this offering represents the first developer focused OpenShift course. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by demonstrating the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture.
As a result of completing this course, you should be able to understand the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will also acquire these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Create a multicontainer application template.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
- Deploy applications using various application packaging methods to an OpenShift cluster and manage their resources.
- Select a containerization method for an application and create a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
- Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
- Describe the OpenShift build process, in addition to triggering and managing builds.
- Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
- Describe the elements of a template and create a multicontainer application template.
- Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
- Create and deploy Jenkins pipelines to facilitate continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) with OpenShift.
- Create and deploy cloud-native applications on OpenShift.