Duration: 5 days; Instructor-led
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
Oracle Database: Administration Workshop
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion and practical exercise.
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations.
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures.
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure.
- Configure the database for recoverability.
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations.
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures.
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error.
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore.
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery.
- Getting Started
- Configuring for Recoverability
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Performing Backups
- Improving Your Backups
- Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Diagnosing Failures
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Complete Recovery
- Performing Point-in-Time Recovery
- Performing Additional Recovery Operations
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Using Flashback Database
- Transporting Data
- Duplicating a Database
- RMAN Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Backup and Recovery Workshop