Course Duration: 2 day; / 14 hours; Instructor-led/ remote online training
- Test Lead
- Test Manager
- Project Manager
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentation, discussion, and practical exercise.
Day 1 :
- ice breaker
- Pre training self-assessment
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Test Management (Planning)
- Case Study 1: Test Estimation development
- Case Study 2: Test Strategy / Test Plan development
- Module 3: Test Management (Test Monitoring & Control)
- Module 4: Test Management (Status Reporting)
- Module 5: Test Management Soft Skill
- Case Study 3: Test Progress Report development
- Case Study 4: Management Updates
- Training Summary
- Post training self-assessment
- Training evaluation
- Basic understanding – System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- What is Software Testing Life Cycle?
- Common Roles and Responsibilities of Test Manager
- Overview of Test Management Process
- Activities and key test deliverables in Test Planning stage such as Test estimation, Risk Analysis.
- Activities and key test deliverables in Test Execution stage such as Test Monitoring & Control, Issue Management, Test Report & Evaluation
- How to perform risk analysis?
- What are the important components to include in a Test Estimation? What is Test Strategy? What is Test Plan?
Case Study 1: Test Estimation development
Case Study 2: Test Strategy / Test Plan development
- What is Test Monitoring and Test Control?
- What to monitor?
- What is Issue Management?
- Why do Issues happen? What are the common issues?
- Issue Management approach
- How to develop a good Test Progress report?
- How do you update senior management as a Test Manager?
- Do’s and Don’ts in management updates
- Examples of report format
Case Study 3: Test progress report development
Case Study 4: Management Updates
- Are you a good Test Manager equipped with right people skill?
- What’s the key soft skill a Test Manager should know and practise?