Unleash Your Potential with CompTIA PenTest+
Are you ready to take your IT career to the next level? Look no further than CompTIA PenTest+, a course designed to equip IT professionals with the skills needed to identify vulnerabilities in information systems and recommend effective remediation strategies. This five-day, instructor-led program goes beyond the basics, making it perfect for those preparing for the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam (PT0-001) or aiming for advanced security roles.
Who Should Enroll?
If you’re an IT professional seeking to become a penetration testing expert, this course is your gateway. It’s tailored for individuals with 3-4 years of hands-on experience in penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management. By enrolling, you’ll not only boost your expertise but also open doors to a world of career opportunities in the fast-paced realm of cybersecurity.
What to Expect
The CompTIA PenTest+ course offers a highly interactive learning experience. It combines lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos to cater to diverse learning styles. You’ll delve into various modules, from planning and scoping penetration tests to exploiting host-based vulnerabilities and analyzing and reporting pen test results. Your journey with CompTIA PenTest+ is more than just a course; it’s a transformative experience that can lead you to a brighter and more secure future in IT.
So, why wait? Embark on this exciting educational adventure and become a ‘comptia pentest+’ expert today! Your IT career will thank you for it.
Course duration: 5 days; Instructor-led
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to develop penetration testing skills to enable them to identify information-system vulnerabilities and effective remediation techniques for those vulnerabilities. Target students who also need to offer practical recommendations for action to properly protect information systems and their contents will derive those skills from this course.
This course is also designed for individuals who are preparing to take the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam PT0-001, or who plan to use PenTest+ as the foundation for more advanced security certifications or career roles. Individuals seeking this certification should have three to four years of hands-on experience performing penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, and vulnerability management.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
- Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
- Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
This course is highly interactive and uses diverse teaching methods (lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos) to accommodate different learning styles This training will also leverage on participant’s personal life and work experiences.
- Plan and scope penetration tests.
- Conduct passive reconnaissance.
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information.
- Conduct active reconnaissance.
- Analyze vulnerabilities.
- Penetrate networks.
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities.
- Test applications.
- Complete post-exploit tasks.
- Analyze and report pen test results.
- Introduction to Penetration Testing Concepts
- Plan a Pen Test Engagement
- Scope and Negotiate a Pen Test Engagement
- Prepare for a Pen Test Engagement
- Gather Background Information
- Prepare Background Findings for Next Steps
- Perform Social Engineering Tests
- Perform Physical Security Tests on Facilities
- Scan Networks
- Enumerate Targets
- Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Analyze Basic Scripts
- Analyze Vulnerability Scan Results
- Leverage Information to Prepare for Exploitation
- Exploit Network-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Wireless and RF-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Specialized Systems
- Exploit Windows-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit *nix-Based Vulnerabilities
- Exploit Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Test Source Code and Compiled Apps
- Use Lateral Movement Techniques
- Use Persistence Techniques
- Use Anti-Forensics Techniques
- Analyze Pen Test Data
- Develop Recommendations for Mitigation Strategies
- Write and Handle Reports
- Conduct Post-Report-Delivery Activities