Course: BITAF; Duration: 3 Days; Instructor-led
The foundation of any IT initiatives in an organisation is the business. Understanding and capturing the right business needs will determine the IT capital outlay and direction that IT would take and reciprocate by delivering what the business requires. Combining the best practices of Architecting Business with IT and Business Requirement Architecture approaches, the Business IT Architecture Bootcamp course gives one an understanding of the key benefits and strategic values of what IT Architecture brings to the business.
Turning IT to become a profit centre can only be realised when IT becomes a strategic vehicle to the business. To achieve this, both business and IT teams need to understand the challenges this synergy presents by having an in-depth understanding of their cross functional roles. Participants will be introduced and equipped with the practical knowledge on how to engage both the business and the IT teams, by defining and communicating the right business requirements and understanding the importance of quality attributes for the successful implementation of IT project initiatives.
For any businesses, it is always about matching the needs and wants and its no different with IT initiatives for it to succeed, which is about getting the right user requirements from the start and presenting them as an accurate and precise to the business that are consistent and can be easily understood by the stakeholders. One of the biggest challenges in IT projects is to understand what the user requires and giving them exactly that.
This intensive 3 days hands-on workshop will cover the various aspects of architecting IT with the business from the requirements, processes and operations to the challenges and direction of the technology landscape. This course will offer a practical and proven business requirement architectural processes that can be applied to an individual’s organisation both for the short term and the long term, which will help to eliminate project shortfalls and failures. It gives the enterprises an understanding of the positive benefits and comparative advantage of IT Architecture in delivering technology values to the business.
**Certificate of Fundamental Understanding in Aligning IT with Business will be awarded upon successfully passing the exam
Anyone who needs to understand and harness the strategic values of IT and those who are actively involved in IT projects i.e. those who read, write or contribute to the business requirement, as well as, those who need to ensure the success of IT project (on time, on budget, on resources and on functionality):
- Chief Architects
- Business Users involved in the IT project
- Business Analysts
- Business Stakeholders
- Head of LOB (Line of Business)
- Director or Vice President of Business Units
- IT Architects (Software, Infrastructure, Information & Business Architects)
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Team
- IT/System Analysts
- PMO or Project Managers
- Software Developers/Engineers
- Software Quality Assurance team (testers)
- Database Administrator/Designer
This program will be conducted with interactive lectures, PowerPoint presentations, discussions and practical exercises
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to :
- Understand the impact of adopting and selecting technology and how they can become strategic for the business that delivers the capabilities of IT to enable business agility.
- Develop, justify and deliver Business Values on IT Architecture’s Return on Investment (ITA-ROI) based on Financial Improvement, Constituent Improvement, Reducing Complexity & Redundancy, Economic Development & Fostering Democracy.
- Define and present to the business critical non-functional requirements and their trade-offs that will have direct impact on the time, budget, resources and requirements of the IT project.
- Match the business’ needs and wants accurately and precisely by employing Business Requirement Architecture techniques that can be easily understood and adopted by both the business and IT team.
- Produce an accurate & precise Business Requirements artefact which will serve as a common communication platform that targets multiple audiences involved in the IT project, i.e. Business stakeholders, Business Users, Project Managers, Database Administrators, Testers, Developers, IT Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts, System Analysts, etc.
- Business and IT Architecture Landscape
- Understanding Business and IT Challenges
- Different IT Architect’s Perspectives and their Implications
- The Business Values of IT Architecture
- Strategic IT Architecture Management
- Business Technology Strategy Foundation Skills
- IT Environment and Quality Attributes Foundation Skills
- Human Dynamics Foundation Skills
- Design Foundation Skills
- IT Architect Engagement Strategy
- IT Architect Roles and their Specialization
- The Driving Force for Business Architecture Initiatives
- IT Architecture Value Stream, Integration with Business Architecture
- The Driving Force of Business Requirement Architecture
- Modelling Technique based on Use Case Scenarios
- Standard & Guidelines for writing Use Case Scenarios
- Walkthrough of Business Requirement Architecture template
- Beware to succeed in Use Case modelling
- Target audience of Business Requirement Architecture documentation
- Achieving full traceability from business requirements to design to IT system and vice versa
- Business Requirement Patterns
- IT Governance in a nutshell