The Agile Scrum Training Master workshop is a comprehensive 2-day instructor-led agile training course aimed at managerial professionals in IT project management, software development, business management, and IT service management. This agile training course, with a prerequisite of Scrum Guide familiarity or completion of the Agile Scrum Foundation training course, employs diverse teaching methods such as lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos.
It equips participants with practical Scrum knowledge, emphasising the Scrum framework, cross-functional teams, Scrum Master roles, and agile concepts. By promoting an agile way of thinking and continuous improvement, the workshop empowers attendees with agile project management skills, including Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring, and Control, to enhance flexibility, creativity, and productivity in various team settings.
AGILE SCRUM TRAINING MASTER Course Details
Duration: 2 days; Instructor-led
The Agile Scrum Training Master is aimed at managerial professionals in the fields of IT project management, software development, business management and IT service management. Scrum methodology and agile project management are also increasingly being adopted in other areas to enable all kinds of teams.
You have read the Scrum Guide and/or you have participated in the Agile Scrum Foundation training course.
This agile training course is highly interactive and uses diverse teaching methods (lectures, self-assessments, group discussions, activities, and videos) to accommodate different learning styles This training will also leverage on participant’s personal life and work experiences.
- The agile training course is practical and focuses on the successful application of Scrum in the real world. Concepts dealt with include:
- Scrum framework: understanding the rules and roles of Scrum according to the Scrum Guide.
- Cross-functional, self-organizing teams: scrum teams differ from traditional development teams. The paradigm and character of cross functional and self-organizing teams promote flexibility, creativity and productivity. Teams choose how they can best produce their work and have all the expertise required to be able to do that, without depending on others outside the team.
- Coaching & facilitating: the mindset and behavior of Scrum Masters varies from those of project managers or team leaders in traditional environments. Scrum Masters are facilitators for the teams.
- Agile Concepts
- Agility brings Predictability and Flexibility
- Reasons why transitioning to an Agile process
- Adopting Agile in the organization
- Frameworks that can help to scale Agile
The Scrum Framework
Continuous Improving the Process
The Scrum Master
Tasks & Responsibilities
Coaching the team and Mediating
Coaching & Challenging the team
- Mediating through conflict
- Coaching tool
Role of Scrum Master in relation to:
- Product owner
- Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Create Scrum Teams
- Create a Product Backlog
- Prioritize the Product Backlog
- Clarify, split and estimate the User Stories
- Plan the Sprint
- Execute the Sprint and do a Daily Scrum
- Do a Sprint review
- Do a Sprint Retrospective
- Repeat the process
- Present Deliverables